- Album 1 Local Colliery Locos
- Album 2- Local Colliery Locos
- Album 3 Local Pit Locos
- Album 8 DB Dave Borthwick Station pics
- Album 9 DB Dave Borthwick's Pics of New Station Yard, Line & Station Sites
- BCN Birmingham Canal Navigations
- Bits and Pieces
- BR British Railways Items
- Brick Collection
- Bridge Plates
- Built Works and Components
- Cambrian Railway
- Cannock & Rugeley Collieries Objects
- Cannock & Rugeley Colliery Archives
- Cannock Chase Colliery Co.
- Carriage Equipment
- Chasewater Light Railway Archives
- Chasewater Railway
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Chasewater Railway Museum Bits and Pieces
- Chasewater Railway Museum Newsletters
- Chasewater Railway Publications
- Commercial Records & Equipment
- Control & Communications
- Destination Indicators
- Early posts
- Framed Handbills
- Framed Pictures
- Framed Posters
- From the Archive
- Great Central Railway Archives
- Great Central Railway Objects
- Great Northern Railway Archives
- Great Western Railway Collection
- Hunslet Engine Co.
- Ian Allan
- Isle of Man
- Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway
- Littleton Colliery
- London & North Eastern Railway Collection
- London & North Western Railway Collection
- London Midland & Scottish Railway Collection
- Midland Railway
- Midland Railway Archives
- Museum & Artefacts
- Museum Exhibits
- National Coal Board (NCB)
- New Post
- North Eastern Railway Archives
- North Staffs Railway Archives
- Old Chasewater Railway Photographs
- Photograph Collection
- Railway Clearing House Archives
- Railway Heraldry
- Reference Library
- Rolls Of Honour
- Shropshire & Montgomeryshire Railway Archives
- Southern Railway
- Station Furniture
- Tools & Equipment
- Toys & Games
- Track & Track Components
- Vehicle Components
- Follow Chasewater Railway Museum on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Wagon plate
Chasewater Railway Museum
A couple of new items
I suppose that should be ‘old’!
Firstly, a round enamelled badge 1″ diameter. London & North Eastern Railway St Andrews Ambulance Association.
Another LNE item – an oval cast iron wagon or parcels van plate. Dukinfield 1927. Size: 6.5″x 4.375″
Chasewater Railway Museum
The latest items added to the Chasewater Railway Museum’s Collection were purchased over the weekend.
The first one is a reversible Carriage Destination Board, Walsall and Rugeley.
As can be seen, this is painted white with black lettering and is made of wood.
The other item is a cast iron Wagon Plate, black with white lettering.
Among the latest additions to the Chasewater Railway Museum Collection:
Horseshoe-shaped wagon plate
The latest wagon plate to be put on display in ChasewaterRailwayMuseum is an example of one of the horseshoe-shaped variety of the Thomas Burnett & Co. Ltd., Doncaster. The horseshoe shape was chosen by Burnett’s to reflect the importance of their base in Doncaster to the British horse racing scene.
Burnett’s were a well respected firm of wagon repairers with several repair depots.
In 1951 the Company merged into Wagon Repairs Ltd. and the name ‘Burnett’ vanished.