- Museum Closed 19th & 26th November
- Chasewater Railway Museum – November Newsletter
- Chasewater Railway Museum Catalogue – Old Chasewater Railway Photos
- Chasewater Railway Museum Catalogue – Album 3, Local Pit Locos
- Chasewater Railway Museum Catalogue – Album 9 DB, Dave Borthwicks new Station Yard photos
- Album 1 Local Colliery Locos
- Album 2- Local Colliery Locos
- Album 3 Local Pit Locos
- Album 8 DB Dave Borthwick Station pics
- Album 9 DB Dave Borthwick's Pics of New Station Yard, Line & Station Sites
- BCN Birmingham Canal Navigations
- BR British Railways Items
- Brick Collection
- Bridge Plates
- Built Works and Components
- Cambrian Railway
- Cannock & Rugeley Collieries Objects
- Cannock & Rugeley Colliery Archives
- Cannock Chase Colliery Co.
- Carriage Equipment
- Chasewater Light Railway Archives
- Chasewater Railway
- Chasewater Railway Publications
- Commercial Records & Equipment
- Control & Communications
- Destination Indicators
- Early posts
- Framed Handbills
- Framed Pictures
- Framed Posters
- From the Archive
- Great Central Railway Archives
- Great Central Railway Objects
- Great Northern Railway Archives
- Great Western Railway Collection
- Hunslet Engine Co.
- Ian Allan
- Isle of Man
- Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway
- Littleton Colliery
- LMS Items
- London & North Eastern Railway Collection
- London & North Western Railway Archives
- London Midland & Scottish Railway Collection
- Midland Railway
- Midland Railway Archives
- Museum & Artefacts
- Museum Exhibits
- National Coal Board
- North Eastern Railway Archives
- North Staffs Railway Archives
- Old Chasewater Railway Photographs
- Photograph Collection
- Railway Clearing House Archives
- Railway Heraldry
- Reference Library
- Rolls Of Honour
- Shropshire & Montgomeryshire Railway Archives
- Southern Railway
- Station Furniture
- Tools & Equipment
- Toys & Games
- Track & Track Components
- Vehicle Components
- Follow Chasewater Railway Museum on WordPress.com
Category Archives: News
Even More photos for the Collection
from Dave Borthwick
Our thanks to Dave Borthwick for giving these photos to the Chasewater Railway Museum.
This set of photos shows the start of the new yard at Brownhills West. Negotiations by the Board of the Railway, led by David Bathurst and the late Steve Organ, provided the Railway with the current site, with the station and layout as we see today, 100 yards or so towards Chasewater Heaths, which opened around the year 2000.
Click on a pic for a larger version and use the side arrows to move on.
All of Dave Borthwick’s photos will be included in the Chasewater Railway Museum Catalogue in the near future.
More photos for the Collection
from Dave Borthwick
Our thanks to Dave Borthwick for giving these photos to the Chasewater Railway Museum. Taken on one of Dave’s early morning patrols or on a very quiet day!!
This was the home of Chasewater Railway before the M6 Toll came along and buried it! Negotiations by the Board of the Railway, led by David Bathurst and the late Steve Organ, provided the Railway with the current site, with the station and layout as we see today, 100 yards or so towards Chasewater Heaths, which opened around the year 2000.
Chasewater Railway Museum
A new television show for a national network is currently in production and important historical moments within the Midlands area are being researched. It is hoped to garner some interest in this region and find participants with fascinating stories, or mysteries from their ancestral pasts’.
There will be simple personal stories, as well as narratives that touch upon Britain as a whole but undoubtedly, some will address historical moments particular to their home region.
We want to tap into important historical events particular to the Midlands – both well known, as well as those that seem to have been forgotten. This is where you come in: we are asking organisations like yours to help get the word out by circulating our appeal (see attachment), either using social media, email, displaying a print out on notice boards or simply, by good old fashioned word of mouth.
Coming soon to Chasewater Railway
for train and beer fans!
Next event – July 9th Burton Breweries Locomotives Day 2017