Chasewater Railway Museum – Events News : A Very Victorian Christmas with Chase Handmade – 24-11-2019o

Chasewater Railway Museum

Events News : A Very Victorian Christmas with Chase Handmade

24-11-2019

There will be no trains running in November until this very special pre-Santa Specials event on Sunday 24th November.  It will be well worth a visit and don’t forget to pop into the Museum while you’re here!

Chasewater Railway – Coming Very Soon – Charity Day – Sunday August 11, 2019

Chasewater Railway – Coming Very Soon 

Charity Day – Sunday August 11, 2019

Chasewater Railway Museum – Coming Soon

Chasewater Railway Museum

Coming Soon  –  Sunday, Fathers’ Day,

June 16th 2019:

We are also, of course, open on Saturday 15th

 

Chasewater Railway Volunteers’ Day

Chasewater Railway

Volunteers’ Day, Saturday 30th March 2019

For those who would like to help but are not as young as they used to be there is always the Museum, we need more volunteers too – just move occasionally and we won’t stick a label on you!

 

Chasewater Railway Museum – Armistice Day, 100th Anniversary

Chasewater Railway Museum 

  Remembrance Sunday

100th Anniversary of Armistice Day

The Chasewater Railway Museum is proud to have two Books of Remembrance and two Rolls of Honour to commemorate some of the Railwaymen who lost their lives in the Service of their Country.

The Books  of Remembrance are from the London & North Western Railway, and the Midland Railway.

The Rolls of Honour are from the Barry Railway and the North Staffordshire Railway.

DSCF9060

DSCF9062

1732.2

DSCF9067

DSCF9064

We salute all men and women who lost their lives in the Service of their Country.

Chasewater Railway Museum – Nice New Acquisition

Chasewater Railway Museum 

Nice New Acquisition

This latest acquisition is a very welcome addition to the Museum’s collection of local Cannock Chase items.

Nameplate:  Foggo, 1946, from a standard gauge 0-4-2ST built at the Chasetown workshops of the Cannock Chase Colliery Co.Ltd. in 1946, using parts supplied by Beyer Peacock, together with spare parts accumulated over the years from similar locomotives already at work at the colliery.  The name derives from Mr. Foggo, the General Manager of the company at the time and the nameplate incorporates the year of build.  It became National Coal Board property on 1st January, 1947.  Transferred to Coppice Colliery in early 1954 and to Brereton Colliery later the year.  Scrapped by W.H.Arnott Young in January 1961.  Cast Brass, 21½”x 8¾”, the front repainted.