- Album 1 Local Colliery Locos
- Album 2- Local Colliery Locos
- Album 3 Local Pit Locos
- Album 8 DB Dave Borthwick Station pics
- Album 9 DB Dave Borthwick's Pics of New Station Yard, Line & Station Sites
- BCN Birmingham Canal Navigations
- Bits and Pieces
- BR British Railways Items
- Brick Collection
- Bridge Plates
- Built Works and Components
- Cambrian Railway
- Cannock & Rugeley Collieries Objects
- Cannock & Rugeley Colliery Archives
- Cannock Chase Colliery Co.
- Carriage Equipment
- Chasewater Light Railway Archives
- Chasewater Railway
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Chasewater Railway Museum Bits and Pieces
- Chasewater Railway Museum Newsletters
- Chasewater Railway Publications
- Commercial Records & Equipment
- Control & Communications
- Destination Indicators
- Early posts
- Framed Handbills
- Framed Pictures
- Framed Posters
- From the Archive
- Great Central Railway Archives
- Great Central Railway Objects
- Great Northern Railway Archives
- Great Western Railway Collection
- Hunslet Engine Co.
- Ian Allan
- Isle of Man
- Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway
- Littleton Colliery
- London & North Eastern Railway Collection
- London & North Western Railway Collection
- London Midland & Scottish Railway Collection
- Midland Railway
- Midland Railway Archives
- Museum & Artefacts
- Museum Exhibits
- National Coal Board (NCB)
- New Post
- North Eastern Railway Archives
- North Staffs Railway Archives
- Old Chasewater Railway Photographs
- Photograph Collection
- Railway Clearing House Archives
- Railway Heraldry
- Reference Library
- Rolls Of Honour
- Shropshire & Montgomeryshire Railway Archives
- Southern Railway
- Station Furniture
- Tools & Equipment
- Toys & Games
- Track & Track Components
- Vehicle Components
- Follow Chasewater Railway Museum on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Chasewater Railway Museum
Chasewater Railway Museum
Another Local Item
A Single-Line Staff.
A wooden staff with chain attached and three quite worn brass plates:
Holly Bank Colliery
And Essington Wood
Essington Wood was the signal box controlling the Holly Bank Branch. This information came from Frank Allen’s book :
“The Cannock Line – Fourteen Miles of History”
The staff was donated by Barry Bull.
Volunteers’ Day, Saturday 30th March 2019
For those who would like to help but are not as young as they used to be there is always the Museum, we need more volunteers too – just move occasionally and we won’t stick a label on you!
Chasewater Railway Museum
Good to be back!
It felt good to be open yesterday after being closed for a while. There were more than 150 visitors through the door – more than we could have hoped for given the weather at the start of the day.
Sentinel above and DL7 below.
I have been busy sorting out photographs, some taken around Chasewater and others taken around Hednesford’s old station.
Hednesford old station buildings, looking towards Walsall.
Walsall end of the up platfrom, looking towards Rugeley.
There will be more when I manage to get them sorted and onto the database.