Chasewater Railway Museum
More from Granville
The first one is a wagon label from the Burton-on-Trent Glanville Colliery, dated 1913. It has been in our collection for some years now and has always been discoloured – and obviously kept on a spike in an office somewhere!
The other one is a colliery token from Granville Colliery in Shropshire. Granville Pit closed in 1979, bringing to an end more than 700 years of coal mining in the area which became Telford New Town in the 1960s. This was purchased by the Museum in 2012.