Tag Archives: Worksplate

Chasewater Railway Museum – a photo from the archives

Chasewater Railway Museum

A photo from the archives

7127

The Neilson loco 2937-1882 0-4-0ST, complete with ‘Alfred Paget’ nameplates, on a freight train at Chasewater Railway in early days.

Neilson plate & info

A locomotive worksplate, Neilson, No.2937 of 1882, from a 0-4-0ST O/C new to William Baird & Co (Ltd from 1893) at Bedlay Colliery near Glenboig, their No 11, becoming part of the Scottish Iron & Steel Co Ltd in January 1939, Bairds & Scottish Steel Ltd six months later and the National Coal Board in January 1947. It returned to Bairds & Scottish Steel Ltd at Gartsherrie Ironworks, Coatbridge, in about 1950 and following withdrawal, was acquired in June 1968 by Railway Preservation Society, Hednesford, Staffordshire and later went to the Chasewater Light Railway.
Cast brass 10 x 6″¼”, the front of the plate has been repainted.

This was new to the Museum – in 2012

Chasewater Railway Museum

This was new to the Museum – in 2012

1735

A locomotive worksplate, Neilson, 2937, 1882, from a 0-4-0ST O/C new to William Baird & Co (Ltd from 1893) at Bedlay Colliery near Glenboig, their No 11, becoming part of the Scottish Iron & Steel Co Ltd in January 1939, Bairds & Scottish Steel Ltd six months later and the National Coal Board in January 1947. It returned to Bairds & Scottish Steel Ltd at Gartsherrie Ironworks, Coatbridge, in about 1950 and following withdrawal, was acquired in June 1968 by Railway Preservation Society, Hednesford, Staffordshire and later went to the Chasewater Light Railway. Cast brass 10″x 6¼”, the front of the plate has been repainted.

05272 Neilson No.11 0-4-0ST 2937-1882 Chasewater Alfred PagetThe Neilson loco pre-Chasewater days.

Chasewater Railway Museum – Latest Acquisition

Chasewater Railway Museum

Latest Acquisition

2014_08190084

An acquisition from the Great Central Railwayana Auction at Bloxham on Saturday 16th August, 2014 was the worksplate off Baguley 3410 of 1955, the ex Marston, Thompson and Evershed Ltd four coupled 150 hp diesel locomotive which resides at Chasewater.
The plate sold was from the collection of the late Keith Buckle of Solihull, whose fine collection is being disposed of by GCR Auctions.

Below are 2 photographs of the loco

Marstons Crop2010_08310010Before and after repaint