Chasewater Railway Museum
A photo from the archives
The Neilson loco 2937-1882 0-4-0ST, complete with ‘Alfred Paget’ nameplates, on a freight train at Chasewater Railway in early days.
A locomotive worksplate, Neilson, No.2937 of 1882, from a 0-4-0ST O/C new to William Baird & Co (Ltd from 1893) at Bedlay Colliery near Glenboig, their No 11, becoming part of the Scottish Iron & Steel Co Ltd in January 1939, Bairds & Scottish Steel Ltd six months later and the National Coal Board in January 1947. It returned to Bairds & Scottish Steel Ltd at Gartsherrie Ironworks, Coatbridge, in about 1950 and following withdrawal, was acquired in June 1968 by Railway Preservation Society, Hednesford, Staffordshire and later went to the Chasewater Light Railway.
Cast brass 10 x 6″¼”, the front of the plate has been repainted.