Chasewater Railway Museum
The third nameplate, following those of ‘McClean’ and ‘Marquis’, is that of Beaudesert from the little 0-6-0 saddle tank built by Fox Walker, works number 266 of 1875 supplied new to Cannock and Rugeley Collieries as their number 5. Beaudesert was the ancestral home of the Paget family who became Earls of Uxbridge before being given the title and Estate Marquis of Anglesey. Finally cut up in 1964 the other nameplate of the loco survives and is on display in Kidderminster Railway Museum.
‘Beaudesert’ 0-6-0ST Built by Fox Walker No. 266 – 1875
No.5 at Cannock & Rugeley Colliery