Tag Archives: Loco worksplate

Chasewater Railway Museum – A New Local Addition

Chasewater Railway Museum

A New Local Addition

A worksplate from the locally built locomotive ‘Foggo’

Foggo, 1946, from a standard gauge 0-4-2ST built at the Chasetown workshops of the Cannock Chase Colliery Co.Ltd. in 1946, using parts supplied by Beyer Peacock, together with spare parts accumulated over the years from similar locomotives already at work at the colliery.  The name derives from Mr. Foggo, the General Manager of the company at the time and the nameplate incorporates the year of build.  It became National Coal Board property on 1st January, 1947.  Transferred to Coppice Colliery in early 1954 and to Brereton Colliery later the year.  Scrapped by W.H.Arnott Young in January 1961.  Cast Brass, 21½”x 8¾”, the front repainted.

5133 Photograph Foggo 0-4-2ST Built Chasetown 1946 – taken 2-8-1942 from spares and parts supplied by Beyer Peacock Album 1

The worksplate can be seen on the side of the engine.