The latest artefact to be donated to Chasewater Railway Museum is the nameplate AGENORIA
The nameplate was originally fitted to a Midland Metro Tram No 15.
Arranged by Councillor Richard Worrall, and Graham Wilkes, the plate was presented on September 10th 2019, by Anthony Stanley & Carl Williams from Midland Metro
Although not strictly a Railway item there is a Railway connection, as Agenoria was the name of a historic local steam locomotive built in Stourbridge in 1829.
Named Agenoria after the Roman Goddess of Industry, the 0-4-0 loco hauled coal from the Earl of Dudley’s Collieries in Shutt End, down to the Staffs & Worcester canal at Ashwood Basin. Withdrawn from service in 1864, it as been preserved and now stands proudly in the National Railway Museum at York.
This nameplate compliments the other tram nameplate in the Museum’s collection, from No 5 Sister Dora.